Re: Fluka crashes for higher primaries for heavy ion

From: Mohammad Islam <rafiqul.islam_at_okstate.edu>
Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2012 19:15:42 -0500

Dear fluka users,

First of all thank you very much Jean-Emmanuel for your suggestion. I still
have this problem.

While I installed fluka, I followed the instructions as mentioned in the
fluka website. I used the term *$FLUPRO/flutil/ldpmqmd *
which I believe generates the flukadpm3 executable. I thought this
executable enables nucleus-nucleus interactions and that's why I used
flukadpm3 in falir as executable in this problem. In this setup, I was able
to run for 5000, 10,000 or 20,000 primaries but it was random. Sometimes it
crushes even for 2,000 primaries. I absolutely have no idea what is
happening. Attached is the error file for 50000 primaries .Someone please
help me as I am not much familiar with fortran and linux. BTW, I am using
fedora 15.

Thank you very much.

Sincerely
Mohammad
Dept of Physics, Oklahoma State Unversity
USA