Re: Fluka crashes for higher primaries for heavy ion

From: Jean-Emmanuel Groetz <jegroetz_at_univ-fcomte.fr>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2012 14:20:32 +0200

Users and experts,

For the last post of Mohammad concerning the problem with heavy ion, I
tried to run his input file, and I confirm that Fluka stops after a
while:
- after ~18000 primaries for NEW-DEFA
- after ~80000 primaries for HADROTHE

It seems that the flukadpm3 module crashed. It was generated with the
ldpmqmd shell script from the latest version of Fluka, i.e. 2011.2.15,
with the option FLUFOR=gfortran (gfortran 4.6.3).

Here is the error message in the log file:

Program received signal 8 (SIGFPE): Floating-point exception.

Backtrace for this error:
   + /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6(+0x364a0) [0x7fe2d3a594a0]
   + /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libm.so.6(log+0x24) [0x7fe2d401e544]
   + function sgdedx_ (0xC756D5)
     at line 50 of file sgdedx.f
   + function electr_ (0xC467CD)
     at line 6 of file electr.f
   + function kasemf_ (0xAC3A6F)
     at line 183 of file kasemf.f
   + function kaskad_ (0x91240A)
     at line 3717 of file kaskad.f
   + function feeder_ (0x907725)
     at line 257 of file feeder.f
   + function flukam_ (0x8388C5)
     at line 3095 of file flukam.f
   + function fluka (0x40B8CC)
     at line 289 of file fluka.f
   + /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6(__libc_start_main+0xed)
[0x7fe2d3a4476d]
Quit (core dumped)

Jean-Emmanuel Groetz
Laboratoire Chrono-Environnement UMR CNRS 6249
Chimie-Physique & Rayonnements
Université de Franche-Comté
16 route de Gray
25030 Besançon Cedex