Re: Optical Photon Production by Scintillator Material, need help!

From: Nicholas Bolibruch <nicholas.bolibruch_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2012 07:27:31 -0600

Hi Vahan,

I honestly don't know. Unless one of the developers wants to answer your
question, I would have to do a bit more investigation to determine exactly
how that WHAT(2) is calculated. This is the extent of my knowledge about
the scintillator routines as I am usually modeling optical photons by using
them as primaries. Sorry I don't have an answer for you, maybe the Fluka
manual will be more clear.

--Nick

On Tue, Dec 18, 2012 at 3:29 AM, vahan petrosyan <vahan4033_at_gmail.com>wrote:

> [...]
>>>
>>> Attached is your last INP file modified to work. I include comments
>>> on cards I've changed.
>>>
>>> --Nick
>>>

>>> On Wed, Dec 12, 2012 at 5:23 AM, Vahan Petrosyan
>>> <vpetrosyan_at_asls.candle.am <mailto:vpetrosyan_at_asls.**candle.am<vpetrosyan_at_asls.candle.am>>>
>>> wrote:
>>>

>>> Many thanks for your help Nick!
>>>
>>> I did corrections that you mention and was able to get nice USRBDX
>>> result for photons but not for optical ones. It still zeroes.....(:
>>> I am attaching new corrected input file.
>>>
>>> As I understood from your explanation card OPT-PROP (sdum
>>> WV-LIMITS) is
>>> optional and card OPT-PROP (sdum SENSITIV ) is used only for reducing
>>> CPU load not for getting more precise results....?
>>> I switched on also OPT-PROD (sdum SCINT-WV and WV-LIMITS) but
>>> without
>>> luck!
>>> I am little confused about WHAT(2) ( "fraction") parameter of
>>> OPT-PROD(
>>> sdum SCINT-WV ), is it the same as /Luminosity [photons/Mev]???? /
>>>
>>> How can I get USRBDX distribution of optical photons?
>>>
>>> With regards V. Petrosyan!

>>> with a
>>> primaries

>>> WV-LIMITS)

>>> USRBDX
>>> to 1E-8

>>> <mailto:vpetrosyan_at_asls.**candle.am <vpetrosyan_at_asls.candle.am>
>>> <mailto:vpetrosyan_at_asls.**candle.am <vpetrosyan_at_asls.candle.am>>>>

>>> energy) that
>>> yttrium
>>> 5Mev energy
>>> >
>>> http://www.detectors.saint-**gobain.com/uploadedFiles/**
>>> SGdetectors/Documents/Product_**Data_Sheets/YAG-Data-Sheet.pdf<http://www.detectors.saint-gobain.com/uploadedFiles/SGdetectors/Documents/Product_Data_Sheets/YAG-Data-Sheet.pdf>

>>> fluka using
>>> help in

>>> OPT-PROD card
>>> with option

>>> scintillator
>>> energy) of

>>> --------------**010902060600070909020501

>>> <head>
>>> http-equiv="Content-Type">
>>> </head>
>>> I did corrections that you mention and was able to get
>>> nice USRBDX
>>> result for photons but not for optical ones.&nbsp; It still
>>> zeroes.....(:<br>
>>> I am attaching new corrected input file.<br>
>>> As I understood from your explanation card OPT-PROP (sdum
>>> WV-LIMITS) is optional and card OPT-PROP (sdum SENSITIV )
>>> is used
>>> only for reducing CPU load not for getting more precise
>>> results....?<br>
>>> I switched on also&nbsp; OPT-PROD (sdum SCINT-WV and
>>> WV-LIMITS)&nbsp; but
>>> without luck! <br>
>>> I am little confused about WHAT(2) ( "fraction") parameter of
>>> OPT-PROD( sdum SCINT-WV ), is it the same as <em
>>> style="font-weight: bold; font-style: normal; color:
>>> rgb(0, 0,
> [...]
>>> <mailto:vpetrosyan_at_asls.**candle.am <vpetrosyan_at_asls.candle.am>>"
>>> target="_blank">vpetrosyan@**asls.candle.am<vpetrosyan_at_asls.candle.am>
>>> <mailto:vpetrosyan_at_asls.**candle.am <vpetrosyan_at_asls.candle.am>
>>> wrote:<br>
>>> .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">
>>> I want to get optical photons distribution (angular,
>>> energy)
>>> that<br>
>>> irradiated by Yag screen ( scintillator material Yag(Ce)
>>> yttrium<br>
>>> aluminum garnet ) &nbsp;via USRBDX card when electron
>>> beam with
>>> 5Mev energy<br>
>>> hits it.<br>
>>> &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;<a moz-do-not-send="true"
>>> href="http://www.detectors.**saint-gobain.com/**
>>> uploadedFiles/SGdetectors/**Documents/Product_Data_Sheets/**
>>> YAG-Data-Sheet.pdf<http://www.detectors.saint-gobain.com/uploadedFiles/SGdetectors/Documents/Product_Data_Sheets/YAG-Data-Sheet.pdf>
>>> "
>>>
>>> target="_blank">http://www.**detectors.saint-gobain.com/**
>>> uploadedFiles/SGdetectors/**Documents/Product_Data_Sheets/**
>>> YAG-Data-Sheet.pdf<http://www.detectors.saint-gobain.com/uploadedFiles/SGdetectors/Documents/Product_Data_Sheets/YAG-Data-Sheet.pdf>
>>> </a><br>
>>> I want to define scintillator material properties with
>>> fluka
>>> using<br>
>>> OPT-PROD card with SCINT-WV option but fluka gives an
>>> error.<br>
>>> I have never done such kind of simulation and need experts
>>> help in order<br>
>>> to do it correctly. I am attached my input file and
>>> ask you to
>>> look and<br>
>>> say what I did wrong.<br>
>>> btw. I played with parameters of my input file a
>>> little and
>>> switched on<br>
>>> Cerenkov and Transition(TR-Radia) radiation and disable
>>> &nbsp;OPT-PROD card<br>
>>> with SCINT-WV in order to get some results but USRBDX plot
>>> with option<br>
>>> OPTIPHOT gives me an empty data range.<br>
>>> can someone help me to define correct parameters for
>>> scintillator<br>
>>> material &nbsp;Yag(Ce) and get correct
>>> &nbsp;distribution (angular,
>>> energy) of<br>
>>> optical photons via USRBDX card?<br>
>>> <a moz-do-not-send="true"
>>>
>>> href="http://en.wikipedia.org/**wiki/Yttrium_aluminum_garnet<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yttrium_aluminum_garnet>
>>> "
>>>
>>> target="_blank">http://en.**wikipedia.org/wiki/Yttrium_**
>>> aluminum_garnet <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yttrium_aluminum_garnet>
>>> </a><br>
>>> Thanks!<br>
>>>
>>> --------------**010902060600070909020501--
>>>
>>> --------------**070706020302040203090104
>>>
>>> KiBEOlxmbHVrYVxmbHVwaXhcWWFnLm**RhdAoqIENyZWF0ZWQ6IDUuMTIuMjAx**
>>> MgoqIEF0OiAy
>>> MTo0MToxNwpUSVRMRQpZYWcgU2NyZW**VuCkdMT0JBTCAgICAgICAgICAgICAg**
>>> ICAgICAgIDAu
>>> MCAgICAgICAwLjAgICAgICAgIDEuIC**AgICAgICAxLgpERUZBVUxUUyAgICAg**
>>> ICAgICAgICAg
>>> ICAgICAgICAgICAgICAgICAgICAgIC**AgICAgICAgICAgICAgICAgICAgICAg**
>>> ICAgUFJFQ0lT
>>> SU8KQkVBTSAgICAgICAgICAgLTAuMD**IgICAgLTZFLTA1ICAgIC0wLjA2OCAg**
>>> ICAgIC0wLjIg
>>> ICAgICAtMC4yICAgICAgICAgIEVMRU**NUUk9OCkJFQU1QT1MgICAgICAgICAg**
>>> MC4wICAgICAg
>>> IDAuMCAgICAgICAxMC4gICAgICAgMC**4wICAgICAgIDAuMCAgICAgICAgICBO**
>>> RUdBVElWRQpH
>>> RU9CRUdJTiAgICAgICAgICAgICAgIC**AgICAgICAgICAgICAgICAgICAgICAg**
>>> ICAgICAgICAg
>>> ICAgICAgICAgICAgICAgQ09NQk5BTU**UKICAgIDAgICAgMCAgICAgICAgICAg**
>>> ICAgICAgICBN
>>> Qy1DQUQKKiBDQ0QKUkNDIENDRCAgIC**AgICAgMC4wMCAtMS4wMCAwLjAwIDAu**
>>> MDAgLTAuMjAg
>>> MC4wMCAwLjIwCiogU3BCClNQSCBTcE**IgICAgICAgIDAuMDAgMC4wMCAwLjAw**
>>> IDEwMDAuMDAK
>>> KiBTcFYKU1BIIFNwViAgICAgICAgMC**4wMCAwLjAwIDAuMDAgOTUwLjAwCiog**
>>> WWFnCkJPWCBZ
>>> YWcgICAgICAgIC0wLjUwIC0wLjM1IC**0wLjM1IDEuMDAgMC4wMCAwLjAwIDAu**
>>> MDAgMC43MSAw
>>> LjcxIDAuMDAgLTAuMDEgMC4wMQpFTk**QKKiBSZWcgIyAxCiogQmxhY2tIOyBh**
>>> c3NpZ25lZCBt
>>> YXRlcmlhbDogQmxhY2tob2xlOyBtYX**QgIyAoMSkKQmxhY2tIICAgICAgIDUg**
>>> K1NwQiAgLVNw
>>> VgoqIFJlZyAjIDIKKiBZYWc7IGFzc2**lnbmVkIG1hdGVyaWFsOiBCbGFja2hv**
>>> bGU7IG1hdCAj
>>> ICgxKQpZYWcgICAgICAgICAgNSArWW**FnCiogUmVnICMgMwoqIENDRDsgYXNz**
>>> aWduZWQgbWF0
>>> ZXJpYWw6IEJsYWNraG9sZTsgbWF0IC**MgKDEpCkNDRCAgICAgICAgICA1ICtD**
>>> Q0QKKiBSZWcg
>>> IyA0CiogVmFjdXVtOyBhc3NpZ25lZC**BtYXRlcmlhbDogQmxhY2tob2xlOyBt**
>>> YXQgIyAoMSkK
>>> VmFjdXVtICAgICAgIDUgK1NwViAgLV**lhZyAgLUNDRApFTkQKR0VPRU5ECk1B**
>>> VEVSSUFMICAg
>>> ICAgICAgMzMuICAgNzQuOTIxNiAgIC**AgIDUuNzMgICAgICAgICAgICAgICAg**
>>> ICAgICAgICAg
>>> ICAgICBBUlNFTklDCiogR2xhc3MgbG**VhZAoqCk1BVEVSSUFMICAgICAgICAg**
>>> ICAgICAgICAg
>>> ICAgICAgICAgIDYuMjIgICAgICAgIC**AgICAgICAgICAgICAgICAgICAgICBM**
>>> RUFELUdMQQpD
>>> T01QT1VORCAgIC0wLjE1NjQ1MyAgIC**BPWFlHRU4gLTAuMDgwODY2ICAgU0lM**
>>> SUNPTiAtMC4w
>>> MDgwOTIgIFRJVEFOSVVNTEVBRC1HTE**EKQ09NUE9VTkQgICAtMC4wMDI2NTEg**
>>> ICBBUlNFTklD
>>> IC0wLjc1MTkzOCAgICAgIExFQUQgIC**AgICAgICAgICAgICAgICAgIExFQUQt**
>>> R0xBCk1BVEVS
>>> SUFMICAgICAgICAgMzkuICA4OC45MD**U4NSAgICAgNC40NjkgICAgICAgICAg**
>>> ICAgICAgICAg
>>> ICAgICAgICAgICBZVFRSSVVNCk1BVE**VSSUFMICAgICAgICAgNTguICAgMTQw**
>>> LjExNSAgICAg
>>> Ni42NTcgICAgICAgICAgICAgICAgIC**AgICAgICAgICAgICBDRVJJVU0KKiBZ**
>>> YWcgc2NpbnRp
>>> bGxhdG9yIHNjcmVlbgoqCk1BVEVSSU**FMICAgICAgICAgICAgICAgICAgICAg**
>>> ICAgICAgIDQu
>>> NTUgICAgICAgICAgICAgICAgICAgIC**AgICAgICAgICBZQUcKQ09NUE9VTkQg**
>>> ICAgICAgICAz
>>> LjAgICBZVFRSSVVNICAgICAgIDUuMC**AgQUxVTUlOVU0gICAgICAxMi4wICAg**
>>> IE9YWUdFTllB
>>> RwpDT01QT1VORCAgICAgICAgIDEuMC**AgICBDRVJJVU0gICAgICAgICAgICAg**
>>> ICAgICAgICAg
>>> ICAgICAgICAgICAgICAgICAgWUFHCk**FTU0lHTk1BICAgIEJMQ0tIT0xFICAg**
>>> IEJsYWNrSApB
>>> U1NJR05NQSAgICAgICAgIFlBRyAgIC**AgICBZYWcKQVNTSUdOTUEgICAgICBW**
>>> QUNVVU0gICAg
>>> ICAgQ0NECkFTU0lHTk1BICAgICAgVk**FDVVVNICAgIFZhY3V1bQpSQU5ET01J**
>>> WiAgICAgICAg
>>> ICAxLgpQSE9UT05VQyAgICAgICAgIC**AxLiAgICAgICAgICAgICAgICAgICAg**
>>> ICAgIFZBQ1VV
>>> TSAgQExBU1RNQVQKT1BULVBST0QgIC**AgMi4wN0UtMTEgICAgICAxRS01ICAg**
>>> ICAgICAgICAg
>>> ICAgICBZQUcgICAgICAgWUFHICAgIC**AgICAgIENFUkVOS09WCk9QVC1QUk9E**
>>> ICAgICAwLjAx
>>> RTE1ICAgICAgMUUxNyAgICAgICAgIC**AgICAgICAgWUFHICAgICAgIFlBRyAg**
>>> ICAgICAgICBU
>>> Ui1SQURJQQpPUFQtUFJPRCAgICAgID**UuNUUtNSAgICAxNjcwMC4gICAgICAg**
>>> ICAgICAgICAg
>>> IFlBRyAgICAgICBZQUcgICAgICAgIC**AgU0NJTlQtV1YKT1BULVBST1AgICAg**
>>> ICAgIDJFLTUg
>>> ICAgNS41RS01ICAgIDEuMUUtNCAgIC**AgICBZQUcgICAgICAgWUFHICAgICAg**
>>> ICAgIFdWLUxJ
>>> TUlUCipPUFQtUFJPUCAgICAgICAgMS**44MiAgICAgICAgICAgICAgICAgICAg**
>>> ICAgICAgIFlB
>>> RyAgICAgICBZQUcgICAgICAgICAgV1**YtTElNSVQKVVNSQkRYICAgICAgICAg**
>>> IDEwMS4gICAg
>>> UEhPVE9OICAgICAgLTU3LiAgICAgIC**BZYWcgICAgVmFjdXVtICAgICAgMi4w**
>>> OFVzeFBoClVT
>>> UkJEWCAgICAgICAgICAxRS01ICAgIC**AgMUUtOSAgICAgIDEwMC4gICAgICAg**
>>> ICAgICAgICAg
>>> ICAgICAgICAgIDEwMC4mClVTUkJEWC**AgICAgICAgICAgIDEuICAgIFBIT1RP**
>>> TiAgICAgIC01
>>> Ny4gICAgICAgWWFnICAgIFZhY3V1bS**AgICAgIDIuMDhVc3hDUGgKVVNSQkRY**
>>> ICAgICAgICAg
>>> ICAgICAgICAgICAgICAgICAgICAgMT**AwLiAgICAgICAgICAgICAgICAgICAg**
>>> ICAgICAgMTAw
>>> LiYKVVNSQkRYICAgICAgICAgIDEwMS**4gIE9QVElQSE9UICAgICAgLTU3LiAg**
>>> ICAgICBZYWcg
>>> ICAgVmFjdXVtICAgICAgMi4wOFVzeE**9QClVTUkJEWCAgICAgICAgICAgICAg**
>>> ICAgICAgICAg
>>> ICAgICAgIDEwMC4gICAgICAgICAgIC**AgICAgICAgICAgICAgIDEwMC4mClNU**
>>> QVJUICAgICAg