Re: Fluka Magnew Error

From: Paola Sala <paola.sala_at_mi.infn.it>
Date: Sat, 2 Feb 2013 18:16:11 +0100 (CET)

2013 18:16:12 +0100 (CET)
Sender: owner-fluka-discuss_at_smtp2.mi.infn.it

Hello Luke
There are two things that you can try:
first of all, check the geometry. You can visualize it with FLAIR.
second, try to improve the required accuracy for transport in magnetic field
( have a look at the slides in
  https://www.fluka.org/free_download/course/triumf2012/Lectures/AdvancedMagneticField2012.pdf
  )

If the problem continues, please contact me again, I'll try to debug.
Ciao
Paola
> Greetings,
>
> I sent this message to the fluka-discuss list but so far have received no
> reply.
>
> We are using FLUGG for the NOvA collaboration, and we have been unable to
> run with Fluka 2011. We have traced the problem to the following error,
> which gets repeated indefinitely in our log files:
>
> *** Magnew,Ustep=0: Ntrack,Nreg,Newreg,Jtrack 1 76 76 1
> (TTRACK(JJJ),JJJ=1,NTRACK) 0.00034874332
>
> This gets repeated until the size of the log file swells beyond the
> capacity of our system.
>
> Have you seen this error before, and what can be done about it?
>
> Thank you,
>
> Luke
>

> --
> "It is the glory of God to conceal things, but the glory of kings is to
> search things out."- Proverbs 25:2 (ESV)

> | Dr. Luke A. Corwin | Fermi National Accelerator Lab. |
> | Postdoctoral Fellow | P. O. Box 500, MS 220 |
>
> | Indiana University | Batavia, IL 60510-5011
> |
> | | (630) 840-4379

Paola Sala
INFN Milano
tel. Milano +39-0250317374