Comparable Fluka and GEANT4 Data for the Thermal Neutrons Detection!

From: Æĸ£ÀÚ³ª¾ÆÈ£¸¶µå <mjamil_at_konkuk.ac.kr>
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2013 20:55:03 +0900

Dear Fluka Users,

We want to simulate thermal neutrons via Boron-10 for the Gas Electron Multiplier using the FLUKA code.

For the work, we have employed RESNUCLE  For All, for the Low Energy and For Spallation processes.

1) However our results have some problem, i.e ., we are getting higher response for the thermal neutrons, for the converter

thickness of 0.1 mciron to 50 micron. Even if we compare the results with GEANT4, FLUKA results are much higher than expected. Also the trend of the obtained results is different.

2) Similarly while we fixed the Converter thickness (3.0 Mico Meter) and then simulated it with thermal neutrons (~ 10 meV to 1.0 eV), the results found show muhc higher response almost 10 times of the GEANT4 results.

Please have a look into the attached file input file ,and please guide us , why we rae having this behavior.

with regards,

Jamil & Kim Hyeon Gi

IAP, HEP Lab:

Konkuk Univ.