Re: gplevbin algorithm

From: Paola Sala <paola.sala_at_mi.infn.it>
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2013 09:30:34 +0200 (CEST)

Dear Christian Koschitzki,
I'm sorry I have to disappoint you..only partially.
The gplewbin utility provides a 2D projection of a 3D structure, and in
order to achieve this it averages over the third, "projected" coordinate.
By default, the average is done over the whole range of the third coordinate.
However, you can restrict the limits of the third coordinate using the
"projection and limits" fields. In this way, you can limit the extent of
the averaging to the dimesion of a single bin in the third coordinate.
You can also obtain a 1-dimensional projection by choosing the 1-dim tab.
Also in this case, values are averaged over the limits that you set in the
"projection and limits" fields (whole interval by default).
Hope this helps
Paola

> Dear Fluka-Diskuss Members
>
> I'm using fluka and flair, but I need to find the maximum value of a bin
> in a certain region (scored with the usrbin). I found that the .dat file
> created for gnuplot is a nicely readable ASCI file that I can use. Now I
> need to know what the gplevbin (Projecting from 3D to 2D) exactly does.
> Taking the max value in the projected dimension seems to make the most
> sense. So I can be sure I actually have the maximum value from my 3D
> data. Could somebody confirm that no averaging occcurs in gplevbin.
>
> Thanks
> Christian Koschitzki

Paola Sala
INFN Milano