RE: gplevbin algorithm

From: Chris Theis <Christian.Theis_at_cern.ch>
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2013 20:08:08 +0000

Hi Christian,

in case you have a Windows machine available there might be a much easier solution to your problem in which you do not have to work with gnuplot files etc.

The DaVis3D data visualization plugin of SimpleGeo offers the functionality to automatically find the minimum/maximum value within a USRBIN mesh and will graphically indicate its position as well. You just need to load the file and press the "find minimum/maximum" button, and that's it. By default the plugin handles ASCII outputs of USRBIN files. However, if the files have the extension ".bin" or ".binary" then it will also read the binary output.

Cheers
Chris

Chris Theis
CERN/DGS-RP - European Organization for Nuclear Research
1211 Geneva 23, Switzerland
www: http://www.cern.ch/theis