Re: Fwd: electrons on high Z target , medical linear accelerator

From: Paola Sala <paola.sala_at_mi.infn.it>
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2013 16:36:53 +0200 (CEST)

Hi Patrick
in addition to what Alberto said about biasing of photonuc reactions (see
https://www.fluka.org/free_download/course/jlab2012/Lectures/12_Biasing_0412.pdf
, slides 36-38 )

there are a few errors in the definitions of your scoring:
In the usrbdx, the "from" and "to" regions are both assigned to TARGET.
this will not work, you need to define a boundary, therefore the second
region should be VOID

In the RESNUCLEI, no scoring region is defined. Should be TARGET

Cheers
Paola

> Dear Fluka Users,
>
> I hope that this mail is not delivered twice.
>
> i tried to simulate the photonspectrum generated from an electron beam
> hitting a copper target( later i want to test different materials).
>
> But at the moment it seems, that there photon creation via electrons.
>
> Additional i want to have a look at radioactive nuclides which where
> generated in target, but i could not detect some with resnucle.
>
> Can anybody help me, what i did wrong?
>
> Thanks Patrick Dethlof

Paola Sala
INFN Milano