FLUPIX setup - specified directory is not valid

From: <hayley.smith_at_stfc.ac.uk>
Date: Tue, 2 Jul 2013 08:54:56 +0000

Hello all

I am a new user and have been struggling to successfully run the example in the Flair Quick Start Basic Guide for many weeks now.
I am running Flair through the Virtual Box.

During the geometry debug phase I receive errors:
[cid:image001.jpg_at_01CE770A.34B02360]

It appears the FLUKA is trying to run through the /media/sf_vbox directory and I don't think this is correct.
(I have a shared folder setup C:\Documents and Settings\cbn24213\vbox).

I setup Flair according to the instructions http://www.fluka.org/content/tools/flupix/index.html and also tried setting up through https://wiki.bnl.gov/eic/index.php/Running_FLUKA_on_non-Unix/Linux_systems as they were slightly different.

[cid:image002.jpg_at_01CE770A.34B02360]

I have also read various online manuals for configuring virtual hard disks, including http://www.virtuatopia.com/index.php/Understanding_and_Configuring_VirtualBox_Virtual_Hard_Disks as well as searching through archived FLUKA-discuss posts to see if there was anything similar, but there was nothing I could see.

Every time I load the FLUPIX virtual machine I receive an error "The specified directory is not valid", it does not seem possible to access /home/flupix.
Has anyone else experienced the same problem? Or can see a mistake I have made in the setup?

Many thanks for any information/advice you are able to give

Hayley

Hayley Smith
Accelerator Physicist
ISIS Facility

Rutherford Appleton Laboratory, Didcot, OX11 0QX
01235 445524
http://www.isis.stfc.ac.uk/

-- Scanned by iCritical.

image001.jpg
(image/jpeg attachment: image001.jpg)

image002.jpg
(image/jpeg attachment: image002.jpg)

flupix screenshot.png
(image/png attachment: flupix_screenshot.png)

vm setup.png
(image/png attachment: vm_setup.png)