Re: fort.88 files

From: <Andrea.Mairani_at_mi.infn.it>
Date: Sun, 1 Sep 2013 11:42:17 +0200

Dear Jeremy,
Looking at your inputs you have used the following DEFAULTS
DEFAULTS 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0
SHIELDIN

SHIELDINg

     * Low energy neutron transport on down the thermal energies included,
       (the neutron high energy threshold is set at 20 MeV)

     * Non-analogue absorption for low energy neutrons with probability
0.95 for the last (thermal) groups

     * Particle transport threshold set at 10 MeV, except neutrons (1E-5
eV), and (anti)neutrinos (0, but they are discarded by default anyway)

     * Multiple scattering threshold for secondary charged particles
lowered to 20 MeV (= primary ones)

     * Both explicit and continuous heavy particle bremsstrahlung and pair
production inhibited

     * EMF off!!! This default is meant for simple hadron shielding only!

As you see the EMF is off and in fort.88 you have

   QLTWEI,IJ,ECONTR,KTRACK,MTRACK,ETRACK,AMIJ,IZIJ,MREG,ICALL
1.0000000000000000E+030 211 1.0470416009752087E-003
0 0 1.0470416009752087E-003 0.0000000000000000
   J0TRCK,JTRACK 0 7

which is related to EM below threshold, in fact you have EMF off. If you
use the PRECISIOn DEFAULTS for example you will not have the problem.
Please, check if the PRECISIOn DEFAULTS match what you want to simulate.

Best Regards,
Andrea