[fluka-discuss]: eta(550) decays

From: Joseph Comfort <Joseph.Comfort_at_asu.edu>
Date: Tue, 1 Oct 2013 20:48:33 -0700 (MST)

In 2007 I inquired whether Fluka could handle eta (550) particles. The
response I got was very favorable, and I thought all was well. Now I
am not so sure.

I need the ability to know the location (& region) where am eta is
produced along with the decay mode -- at least the 2gamma mode. I thought
I could get the information from the USDRAW section of mgdraw.f, testing
for Icode 102. This procedure works for the very similar test for pi0 -->
2gamma decay. I can find lots of pi0's (and some muons and pions, and
some other things), but nothing that would be an eta.

The ID code for an eta is a bit obscure. From the bdpart.f routine, it
looks like the code should be 29 or 31. (Why 2 essentially identical
codes? Even pi0 has a duplication: 23 and 26.)

How can I get this information? Are eta decay modes implemented? Which
ones and where? The information is needed to study possible backgrounds
to a very difficult experiment.

Thank you.
Joe Comfort