RE: [fluka-discuss]: how to score produced parameter from specified reaction channel and each primary particle(B

From: Joachim Vollaire(B <joachim.vollaire_at_cern.ch>
Date: Sun, 8 Dec 2013 21:01:16 +0000

    Hello

I am not sure how far you are with your study ? Do you have a geometry define as this would be the first, step. Note that the geometry definition and FLUKA input file editing in general is highly simplified and more intuitive if you use flair (http://www.fluka.org/flair/).
Once you are done with the geometry and with the definition of your beam (Gaussian momentum distribution of the beam can be set using the BEAM card), there are some setting that you may want to consider: first you need to activate gamma induced nuclear reaction using the card PHOTONUC. Also you can consider using the LAM-BIAS card to enhance the production of neutrons by biasing the inelastic nuclear interaction length of photons (weight of the reaction products is adjusted accordingly to account for the applied biasing)$B!D(B.
Concerning the scoring, you can plot the neutron fluence using different type of meshes (Cartesian or cylindrical depending on your geometry) overlapping your geometry. Also you can score the deposited energy using the same type of scoring, note that in FLUKA you will get an averaged value representing the average behaviour of the different histories. If you want to have an estimate of the statistical error due to the Monte-Carlo approach, you need to run several independent calculations, then flair can make the sum of the results and calculate the standard deviation$B!D(B
You can have the energy dependant distribution of neutrons leaving the target using the USRBDX scoring card$B!D(B..
So it is just some suggestions, I encourage you to read some part of the manual or look at the training material provided during FLUKA courses to start with your problem

Good luck

Joachim