RE: [fluka-discuss]: Co-60 source routine

From: Alberto Fasso <fasso_at_mail.cern.ch>
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2013 12:16:12 +0100

Fabio,

in FLUKA it is possible to define directly a source made as a radioactive
isotope. You can avoid all doubts about normalization in the following
way:

1) Define a BEAM card with SDUM = ISOTOPE and leave blank WHAT(1) and
    WHAT(2)
2) Define the radioactive isotope with command HI-PROPErt, WHAT(1) = 27
    and WHAT(2) = 60
3) Define a geometry with a cone of opening angle 30 degrees and vertex
    at the source location, and blackhole outside it. (Actually you can
    only use a truncated cone, so probably you need to put a small vacuum
    sphere around the source, intersecting the truncated cone).

Alberto