[fluka-discuss]: Co-60 source routine

From: Fabio Pozzi <fabio.pozzi_at_cern.ch>
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2013 17:35:44 +0000

Dear all,

I am simulating a Co-60 source emitting photons within a certain irradiation angle (30 degrees). I wrote a dedicated source routine which sample the emission direction and position according to my needs. This "seems" to work properly. In order to reproduce the two Co-60 photons I make my routine sample the photon energy with equal probability (0.5 each), i.e. once it chooses 1.17 MeV and once 1.33 MeV. I am scoring the dose-rate with USRBIN.
The point is that when I normalize the FLUKA dose rate (which is in pSv/pr) to the source activity (15 GBq in my case) I obtain a dose rate at 1 m from the source around the Sv/h, instead it should be in the mSv/h range (cross-check with Nucleonica).
If you have any idea/hints please let me know (I attached my input file and the source routine).

Thank you in advance.

Cheers,

Fabio