[fluka-discuss]: RE: NRT standard DPA

From: Vasilis Vlachoudis <Vasilis.Vlachoudis_at_cern.ch>
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2014 13:53:41 +0000

Hi Tristan,

NRT-dpa (Norgert, Robinson and Torrens) is the same as dpa, and what the generalized fluka particle DPA-SCO is scoring.
By setting the transport energy to high threshold as you mention to the level of the incident energy is WRONG.
Then you will no do any transport by FLUKA you will kill the particles immediately.
FLUKA has a sophisticated model for the calculating the dpa (or NRT-DPA) which is "accurate" during the
transport of the particles. Once they fall below the energy threshold, they will be ranged-out and FLUKA calculates
the dpa based on the Lindhard approximation.
Therefore for a more accurate calculation set the charged particle threshold (apart from electrons/photons) to the lowest possible
e.g. 1keV using the PART-THRE card

Cheers
Vasilis