[fluka-discuss]: Thermal neutrons via Boron-10 not possible...

From: Georgios Tsiledakis <Georgios.Tsiledakis_at_cern.ch>
Date: Tue, 4 Feb 2014 09:56:42 +0000

Dear experts,

I would like to produce an alpha and 7Li ion pair from the
neutron interaction on 10B and transport them...
Please have a look at the input file attached...
In case I use Lithium-6, I am able to see the products via
the EVENTBIN card (energy deposition in the detector)
as you can see from the broad peak 2.05 (alpha) and 2.73 (3H) MeV
respectively (am I right?).
Looking at the out file is also pointed out that:
 Pointwise cross sections activated for Xsec mat: LITHIU-6

BUT what is wrong in case of BORON-10? How I could see alphas and
7Li's leaving the converter? I am totally puzzled...

I would be really glad to have your tips... I think I followed all feedback in the list
but in vein....

thanks a lot in advance

Georgios

EdepositionLithium6.png
(image/png attachment: EdepositionLithium6.png)