Re: [fluka-discuss]: magnetic field

From: Mina Nozar <nozarm_at_triumf.ca>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2014 18:04:15 -0800

Ok, I was bitten by the 8 character region name feature!

What doesn't make sense is that when printing region numbers out for
"rRMVVac" and "rRMHVac", I saw the correct region number for "rRMHVac"
region but -1 for "rRMVVac". What doesn't make sense is that both
region names are 7 characters and I was not putting a space after the
"c" in the region name for either but was seeing the correct region
number for "rRMHVac"!

Mina
=============================
* Set dipole filed in tesla (B field is 250 Gauss)
          DIPFLD = 0.0250D+00

* Some useful printout
          WRITE (LUNOUT,*) ''
          WRITE (LUNOUT,*) ' magfld.f called for EHDT Raster Magnets'
          WRITE (LUNOUT,*) ' Dipole field: ',DIPFLD,' T'
          WRITE (LUNOUT,*) ''

* Retrieve the indices of the magnetic regions starting from their
* names, and store them

          CALL GEON2R ("rRMVVac ",NRMDV, IERR)
          CALL GEON2R ("rRMHVac ",NRMDH, IERR)

          WRITE (LUNOUT,*) ''
          WRITE (LUNOUT,*) ' "rRMVVac" region number is: ', NRMDV
          WRITE (LUNOUT,*) ' "rRMHVac" region number is: ', NRMDH
          WRITE (LUNOUT,*) ''

          LFIRST=.FALSE.
       END IF