RE: [fluka-discuss]: magnetic field in vacuum

From: Alberto Fasso <fasso_at_mail.cern.ch>
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2014 09:52:48 +0100

Hi Brandon,

> I have a rather large geometry and I am using the SFLOOD routine to emit
> GCR protons from a spherical surface just large enough to encompass the
> large cylindrical shell containing the magnetic field (defined
> previously).

I would like to inform you that presently it is not necessary (but it is
not wrong!) to compile and link the SFLOOD routine. You can get the same
result from input, with a special feature of command BEAMPOS.

From the manual, option BEAMPOS:

     for SDUM = FLOOD:

     the command defines a source distribution on a spherical surface,
     centred at the x,y,z point defined by another BEAMPOSit command with
     SDUM blank or = NEGATIVE, such as to produce a uniform and isotropic
     fluence within the sphere.

      WHAT(1) > 0.0: radius of the sphere in cm
              = 0.0: ignored
              < 0.0: resets to default
                Default: 1/sqrt(pi) cm

Regards,