Re: [fluka-discuss]: Filter on resnuclei scoring

From: Francesco Cerutti <Francesco.Cerutti_at_cern.ch>
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2014 23:03:52 +0100

Dear Chris,

you are right: the AUXSCORE isotope/particle filtering is not intended for
RESNUCLEi. The latter's output already discriminates among different
nuclides, so in principle there is no need for such a filter (I understand
you aim at a native cleaning of your scoring file, or?).
By the way, according to the present implementation, it would not work as
you expect. In fact the filtering is presently done wrt the *transported*
isotope, as for any other particle filter through AUXSCORE. This means
that in the specific case of an USRBIN activity scoring filtered on a
given isotope, you shall get something only if ion transport is
properly activated. And the filtered activity includes the whole decay
chain. For this case we are considering to change the logics in order to
just yield the activity of the selected isotope.

Concerning weight zeroing in user routines, normally their interfaces do
not allow you to overwrite stack variables (apart from terribly powerful
exceptions like usrmed and mdstck).

Cheers

Francesco

Francesco Cerutti