Re: [fluka-discuss]: Ubunto 13.10 64 bits installation

From: Vittorio Boccone <dr.vittorio.boccone_at_ieee.org>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2014 22:17:26 +0100

Hi Natanael,
I suggested you to install the 64 bit version with gfortran instead, you
are still trying to compile the 32 bit version on a 64 bit machine. This
can be done but if you want to compile/link 32-bit packages, you need to
install a minimal set of 32-bit packages (at least what in the Scientific
linux and Fedora are the packages called glibc-devel.i686 libgcc.i686)

/usr/bin/ld: cannot find crt1.o: No such file or directory -> means that
the compat lib are not complete

I suggested you to try the gfortran version as it works out of the box (you
only have to install gfortran with a sudo apt-get install gfortran)

Do you really need the 32 bit version for some legacy application?

Best,
 V.