RE: [fluka-discuss]: FORMFU

From: Alberto Fasso <fasso_at_mail.cern.ch>
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2014 14:59:29 +0200

Dear Anna,

you have opened for writing the logical unit 20, but you are not writing
on it:
WRITE(*,*) '+++++++++++++ test'
where * means the standard output unit (11 on Linux).
If you look at the FLUKA .out file, probably you find your message
in it somewhere.

Having said that, I point out to you a couple of "unclean" feature in your
routine:
1) normally logical unit values < 21.0 must be avoided in FLUKA, because
they may be used by the program. Change 20 to 21
2) FORMFU = 100 sets a double precision variable to an integer value.
Probably the program will do the conversion correctly, but it is
recommended to avoid it.

Best regards,

Alberto