Re: [fluka-discuss]: Angular distribution with respect to energy and fluence

From: Francesco Cerutti <Francesco.Cerutti_at_cern.ch>
Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2014 23:34:17 +0200

Hallo

indeed USRBDX is the right choice, since it gives you fluence spectra
(i.e. energy distributions) for different angular ranges.

After you have merged the results of more cycles by processing the files
corresponding to the selected output unit with the dedicated usxsuw
utility (something that you can just do by clicking the Process button in
the Flair-2 Run frame (Data view)), you will find those multiple spectra
(as many as the number of angular bins you have asked for) in the _tab.lis
file.
Note that when you load that file in the Flair Plot frame, you will get
two detectors, the first corresponding to the angle-integrated spectrum
and the second one to the different double differential spectra, that are
taken according to the indicated Block number (from 1 onwards).
For the latter ones, lethargy plotting (dN/dlogE=E*dN/dE vs E, i.e. X*Y vs
X) presently does not work, due to an issue with the format of double
differential spectra in _tab.lis. This will turn out to be fixed with the
coming FLUKA&Flair distributions, for the time being you can still get
plotted in Flair dN/dE vs E curves, implying a linear - rather than
logarithmic - energy scale [this limitation just affects USRBDX *double*
differential spectra].

Kind regards

Francesco

Francesco Cerutti