[fluka-discuss]: Proton induced fission cross section

From: Francesco Rossetto <francesco.rossetto_at_lnl.infn.it>
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2014 11:35:17 +0200

Dear Fluka experts,
I was trying to measure the fission cross section for proton at
different energies against a U-238. I obviously chose a thin target in
order to preserve the original power amount of the proton as best as
possible.

What I measured is a cross section over 2 barns, which is excessively
higher than what described by experiments and other models.

I also tried to use the card DISCARD in order to exclude neutrons from
the process and have a purely proton induced proton fission process, but
still I have strange results.

Could you please tell me how I should improve the configuration of the
virtual experiment in order to get better data?

I attached a plot with the fission cross section as a function of the
incoming proton energy.

--
Francesco

fluka.png