[fluka-discuss]: Scoring the number of particles originating from a specific cell

From: Ali Koosha <koosha.ali_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2014 13:41:37 +0430

Dear All,

I have a possibly simple question about more sophisticated scoring mechanisms of FLUKA.

Consider 3 successive 1D layers (L1, L2 and L3).
My question is due to scoring the “number” of particles (in this problem electrons) that enter the region L1 which were originated from region L3. By this, we meant that we are NOT interested in particles that their birthplace is region L2. Later I will put some other discrimination conditions. For example, I will suppress those who have reflected again from L1 to L2 or L3.

I’m relatively familiar with FLUSCW, but I was having certain troubles that I prefer to ask the community about possible solutions.

Best wishes,
A. Koosha