RE: [fluka-discuss]: Scoring the number of particles originating from a specific cell

From: Anton Lechner <Anton.Lechner_at_cern.ch>
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2014 09:55:08 +0000

Dear Ali,

Since electrons, which were created in L3, have to cross an air layer (L2) before reaching L1 it can be ambiguous to say if they originate from L3 or L2: assume an electron emerges from L3 into L2, but then undergoes an ionization event in L2 where a delta-ray is produced. FLUKA does then not distinguish which of the electrons coming out of this ionization event was the incoming electron and which the delta-ray.

See also following discussion:
http://www.fluka.org/web_archive/earchive/new-fluka-discuss/6241.html
(if you are interested, there you can find also some hints how to keep track of where certain interactions happened and to propagate this information even to daughter particles, but as I mentioned above, there is some ambiguity concerning origin).

Cheers, Anton