RE: [fluka-discuss]: source.f-read file

From: Vasilis Vlachoudis <Vasilis.Vlachoudis_at_cern.ch>
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2014 07:48:12 +0000

Hi again,

You can use the OAUXFI routine
CALL OAUXFI(FILENAME, IONUMBER, STATUS(NEW,OLD,UNKNOWN...), IERR)
e.g.
CALL OAUXFI('filename.dat', 21, 'OLD', IERR)

For me the most preferable way is to add an OPEN card in the input file

OPEN 21 OLD
filename.dat

then pass the unit as what(1) in SOURCE card in your input

SOURCE 21

and from the source.f you can get the unit
as iunit = NINT(WHASOU(1))

It allows you to modify the file/unit from the input without the need to recompile your source code.

Vasilis.