[fluka-discuss]: Re: Dose scoring to compare simulation with measurements

From: Dr. Vittorio Boccone <dr.vittorio.boccone_at_ieee.org>
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2014 20:50:38 +0200

Ciao Francesco,
  for some reason your mail was grouped together with the previous
thread, so I reply as a new one to keep it separate.

The best would be to know how your device was calibrated and which type
of dosimeter you are simulating to understand also which are the
measurement limits. Is the dosimeter calibrated to measure the
equivalent dose or the effective dose?

The absorbed dose (Gy) is converted in equivalent dose (Sv) just by
folding the particle fluences with the Pelliccioni's coefficients (AMB74
is the default).

The conversion to the effective dose (to calculate the biological
effects) need few additional assumptions on which are the organs/tissues
absorbing the radiation. This can be done by selecting the Effective
dose set relevant to your case.

Best,
V.