Re: [fluka-discuss]: following particle in every step (NTRACK vs NTRUCK)

From: Vittorio Boccone <dr.vittorio.boccone_at_ieee.org>
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2014 23:49:59 +0200

Here's the trick...
I though I wrote it in my previous email but I didn't. My fault.

NTRACK tells you how many segments you have during this step. If you have
no magnetic field where you change the track segmentation by splitting up
segments this should be always 1 at the end of the step and 0 at the
beginning. NTRACK is therefore used as an index of the track position (and
dir. cosines) arrays. Personally I think I never used it.

You find a lot of information for tracking and following the particles in
"$FLUPRO/flukapro/(TRACKR)"

To do what you say, you don't need to write anything in FLUKA but you need
to analyze/post-process correctly your event. I used Icode toghether with
some of the TRACKR variables to recontruct the history of the event.

V.