[fluka-discuss]: Radioactive source modelling

From: <jc00362_at_surrey.ac.uk>
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2014 08:28:00 +0000

?Hello all,

I am currently trying to simulate a variety of radioactive sources inside a shielded container for my project, and have been having difficulty in finding the right cards to use in fluka to achieve this. I assume you need a physics card to describe radioactive decay, and I have defined my source as cobalt, but I don't see how to describe the activity.

Ideally, I am trying to model a 1Mbq cobalt-60 source and its beta and gamma emissions [1.13 and 1.17MeV] to determine the attenuation coefficient when passing through my container.

Apologies if this is the wrong way/place to ask this, but I'm really stuck and would appreciate a hand!

Many thanks,

John Clough