Re: [fluka-discuss]: energy deposition for 3MeV protons

From: Francesco Cerutti <Francesco.Cerutti_at_cern.ch>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2014 14:46:20 +0200

Hi Tristan,

default settings mean 10 MeV transport threshold for hadrons (but
neutrons) and muons, which is obviously inadequate for a 3 MeV proton
beam. Being below threshold, the latter will just do a single step up to
the end of its range, hence the flat energy deposition profile. Take
PRECISIO DEFAULTS (implying 100 keV transport threshold) and you will see
the expected Bragg peak.
Note that in your case neutrons (if any) do not play any role wrt the
depth-dose profile.

Cheers

Francesco

Francesco Cerutti