[fluka-discuss]: mysterious error from PHNCEV?

From: Joshua Albert <joalbert_at_imap.iu.edu>
Date: Sat, 2 Aug 2014 19:19:48 -0400

Dear experts,

I have been simulating cosmogenic neutron production in FLUKA, sending muons through my geometry and looking at the products. Things have been going well, I have successfully generated millions of events, but I have found one of my runs failed with a strange error message:

  ^^^ENPHNC,PNPHNC,IMAT 0.15270310031668588 0.15270320138788260 34
 Abort called from PHNCEV reason STOP:PHNCEV-VIRTUAL-PHOT-REJEC-INT Run stopped!
 STOP STOP:PHNCEV-VIRTUAL-PHOT-REJEC-INT

That error (all 3 lines) appears at the end of the .out file, and the second 2 lines of it appear in the .err file, and the last line appears in the .log file. I can’t seem to find PHNCEV discussed anywhere, nor this error message. Does anyone know what causes this? It is obviously very rare, but I’d like to understand it, so I know it isn’t symptomatic of a bigger problem.

Thank you,

Josh