Re: [fluka-discuss]: primary collision in the kaskad

From: Paola Sala <paola.sala_at_mi.infn.it>
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2014 09:53:25 +0200

Dear Vladimir,
The information is stored in the variable IPRTYP in the include '(NUCGEO)'.

If IPRTYP > 0 the interaction is either elastic or cherge exchange on the
target nucleon (always non-elastic on the nucleus)

If IPRTYP < 0 the interaction is non-eleastic on the target nucleon

Abs(IPRTYP) = 1000 * (projectile fluka id) + (nucleon fluka id)

example : K+ (15) on proton (1) --> IPRTYP = +/- 15001

PLEASE do not change ANY variable in the NUCGEO include.

WARNING: the iprtyp is set ONLY for non-eleastic nuclear interactions. It
is NOT set for elastic nuclear.

Second warning (obvious) : the variable is overwritten every time there is
an inelastic nuclear interaction, it has to be decoded immediately after
the interaction, not at the end of the history.

Hope this helps
Paola

> Dear Paola,
>
> Yes, This is exactly what I mean.
> This target is the first in a list of collisions as well as first in time
> of the cascade history.
> I shall be patient.
> Sincerely
> Vladimir
>

> Paola Sala writes:
>
>> Dear Vladimir,
>> do I understand correctly that you mean the identity of the first target
>> nucleon inside the xenon nucleus? If yes, this is an information
>> internal
>> to the generator, we'll have to dig it out. Please let me know..and be
>> patient
>> Paola
>>> Dear Fluka Developers,
>>>
>>> We are studying K+ interactions on Xe nuclei in the liquid xenon.
>>> The measured K+ momentum is in the range 250-750 MeV/c.
>>> In this analysis we are missing a target ID of primary interaction
>>> in the subroutine mgdraw after subroutine kaskad.
>>> This target ID may point to proton, neutron or something else.
>>> This ID would point to proton, neutron or something else.
>>> Is it possible to have it in mgdraw output?
>>>
>>> Sincerely,
>>> Vladimir
>>>

>>> Vladimir Matveev
>>> matveev_at_itep.ru