Re: [fluka-discuss]: Diffuse reflection for optical photons incident on flat/curved surfaces

From: Giuseppe Battistoni <giuseppe.battistoni_at_mi.infn.it>
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2014 12:15:28 +0200

Dear Ali
unfortunately we do not have (yet) a comprehensive manual as the one you would like to see.
For your problem I can give you something that 4 years ago I used to simulate optical photon propapagtion
in a trapezoidal plexiglass light guide from a scintillator to a PM. The light guide was
folded by aluminum paper and some roughness coefficient was introduced.

In attachment:
- the geoemtry description
- the material description: [Plexiglass (mat. number 26), Air (mat. number 27), Aluminum (mat. number 10)]
- the optical photon data cards
- a set of user routines:
*Absorption coeff (cm^-1) for each material is regulated inside routine abscff.f
*Reflectivity is regulated inside routine rflctv.f
*Refraction index is given in routine rfrndx.f
*Rayleigh scattering lenght (cm^-1) is given in dffcff.f
*Quantum eff. is given in queffc.f
*Smearing of reflection (roughness) is given in frghns.f. I used a parameter of 0.05 to set randomization
value of reflection around the normal to the considered surface.

Hoping that all this is not too cryptical...

        Giuseppe Battistoni