Re: [fluka-discuss]: Source.f-routine

From: paola sala <paola.sala_at_cern.ch>
Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2014 08:03:10 +0200

Dear Kilian and Vittorio,
this is similar to a previous question, where we agreed to change the
geometry runtime (dangerous but possible if made with care) instead of
tricking in usrmed.
(http://www.fluka.org/web_archive/earchive/new-fluka-discuss/7090.html)
First of all, I would **NOT** encourage the use of moving bodies unless
really necessary. Use of lattices or some more effort in building the
geometry are surely much safer, and will help in tracing back simulation
set-ups (for future use or use by others..) and possible errors ("Where
was this parile finally???")
Moving more than one body needs much much care in order to keep the
geometry "valid". Flair will not be able to help you on this!!

understanding what to do and what has
been done.

Now, if you ***really**** need to "change" more than one body, of
course you have to specify it in a the UNIQUE source routine.

It means, that in the source.f you have to call many times SETBDY with
each time the correct body number. Previously, you will have called the
NM2BDY with the 11 different body names in order to get the 11 body
numbers.

Hope this helps
Paola