[fluka-discuss]: Help needed for thermal neutrons detection via LIF converter

From: Æĸ£ÀÚ³ª¾ÆÈ£¸¶µå <mjamil_at_konkuk.ac.kr>
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2014 12:21:09 +0900
Dear FLUKA Experts,

I am working code for the attached for the detection of thermal neutrons via Lithium -6 converter for my detector set-up.

The attached code work nicely for the Boron-converter material. However it is strange and we could not find the secondary particle detection with this code with Lithium-6 material.

1) We further could not find the escape probability of the secondary particle via Lithium-6. Why it is so does not know the reason?

2) Is this possible via FLUKA- to simulate the Compound material like LIF or B4C to utilize them as converter and find the thermal neutrons detection via them?

Needed help in this regard.

Jamil