Re: [fluka-discuss]: Energy Sampling in Source.f

From: Paola Sala <paola.sala_at_mi.infn.it>
Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2014 09:34:14 +0200

Dear Yuri

1) yes, use GETBDY
      SUBROUTINE GETBDY ( IBODY, JTYPE, CHTYPE, BDYFEA, NBDYFE )
    IBDY = input body number
    JTYPE = output numerical code of the body type
    CHTYPE = CHARACHTER*3 variable returning the body type
    BDYFEA = vector returning the body parms,
              dimension=max n. of parms expected, or 30 for safety
    NBDYFE =returns number of parameters defining the body

2) yes, TKEFLK is the total energy. Then, it depends on how you define
your initial quantity as "energy per nucleon" or "energy per mass unit".
In the first case, you have to multiply by the mass number, in the second
case you have to multiply by AM (IONID) / AMUC12
  Please keep the lines in the distributed source.f that "set" the ion type
  ( the if-block calling dcdion and setion), and remember to set also the
total momentum (already coded in source.f, just uncomment the lines
calculating PMOFLK (NPFLKA) )

3) If you stay below 100 MeV/A then lfluka is enough, because the low
energy BME model is included. Above 100 MeV/A ldpm3qmd must be used.

Regards
Paola

> Dear Fluka Experts, Dear Paola,
>
> 1. I am using the source.f routine to sample and set the thickness of
> several RPP bodies (working fine). Now I'd like to get the specific
> lateral
> extensions of each body, as defined in the .inp file (Xmin, Xmax, Ymin,
> Ymax). Shell I use "GETBDY" and how exactly is this routine defined?
>
> 2. I am also sampling the Energy in the source.f routine from a specific
> probability distribution. As far as I understand TKEFLK is the total
> Energy
> so after sampling my own energy (SampleE, GeV) I multiply it with the
> projectile mass number. Is this correct?
>
> TKEFLK (NPFLKA) = SampleE*IPROA
>
> 3. When compiling my routines, shell I use "lfluka" or "ldpm3qmd" (I use
> Heavy Ions, especially C12)
>
> Thank you very much
> Regards
> Yuri