Re: [fluka-discuss]: Heavy Ion collision using DPMJET in FLUKA framework

From: Francesco Cerutti <Francesco.Cerutti_at_cern.ch>
Date: Sat, 8 Nov 2014 23:28:23 +0100

Dear Sourav,

> 1) Shall I have to define Target region of Au  material at collision vertex
>  ?

not at all (unless your collisions are supposed to take place in gold
instead of vacuum...). You defined the second beam species in the SPECSOUR
card, where you have also said that your first beam is made by HEAVYIONs.
So you need a HI-PROPE card to specify the HEAVYION nature. And you still
need a BEAM card (where you shall put HEAVYION - making redudant your
SPECSOUR WHAT(11) setting - and an energy per nucleon exceeding 100 GeV/n
for transport initialization purposes).

> 2) Which scoring card should be used in order to retrieve kinematic
> information of produced particles and nuclear remnants after H.I. collision
> ? So far I have used “USRYIELD” card.

USRYIELD does not work yet for the SPECSOUR collision event. You can
inspect the properties of the products by customizing the usrein.f routine
- which is automatically called before source particles start to be
transported - in order to look at the FLKSTK content (to this purpose
remember to add the
       INCLUDE '(FLKSTK)'
statement).

Cheers