[fluka-discuss]: Heavy Ion collision using DPMJET in FLUKA framework

From: Sourav Tarafdar <Sourav.Tarafdar_at_weizmann.ac.il>
Date: Sat, 8 Nov 2014 12:48:26 +0000

Dear Fluka users,

  I have been trying to simulate Au+Au collision at C.M. energy of 200 GeV/nucleon using DPMJET3 within FLUKA framework. For defining the colliding beam I used SPECSOUR card with PPSOURCE type. I am mostly interested in getting the kinematic variables (px, py, pz, energy , pid etc) of the particles after the collision and also the remnants of the nuclei after collision. My questions are

1) Shall I have to define Target region of Au material at collision vertex ?

2) Which scoring card should be used in order to retrieve kinematic information of produced particles and nuclear remnants after H.I. collision ? So far I have used “USRYIELD” card.
Any suggestions will be of great help.

Please find the attached input file for FLUKA and the output file after executing FLUKA using the command $FLUPRO/flutil/rfluka -e flukadpm3 test

Any suggestions will be of great help.

Thanks
-Sourav