[fluka-discuss]: Positron Emitter and Prompt Gamma

From: Metin Usta <musta280_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2014 01:55:09 +0200

Dear Fluka Team,

We want to make the dose and range verification calculations for incident
protons in PMMA target using positron emission tomograrapy (PET) and gamma
imaging (Prompt Gamma) techniques with FLUKA. For this reason, as shown
attachment I wrote codes with Fluka program using Flair interface. We take
the production time 20 min. (15O T1/2=122 sec. and 11C T1/2=20.39 min.) and
10 ns (calculated with the time-of-flight values) for PET and Prompt Gamma,
respectively. But, distal fall off in Prompt Gamma figure in not lineer, is
exponential. Moreover, we have not obtained the PET results with Flair. I
would be glad if you could help.

Best Regards

--
Arş. Gör. Metin USTA
Mustafa Kemal Üniversitesi, Fen Edebiyat Fakültesi, Fizik Bölümü, 31034

PMMA_Prompt_Gamma.png
(image/png attachment: PMMA_Prompt_Gamma.png)