Re: [fluka-discuss]: STOP NO RANDOM FILE error

From: <me_at_marychin.org>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2015 09:43:51 -0800 (PST)

Hi,

That is what I mean by, "depending on the file system, transfer any necessary
files: the executable, the input file (or user macro file), plus all runtime
data files."

Please check the filesystem particular to the GRID you subscribe to. Some have
dedicated file transfer mechanism which is not like the standard internet
transfer.

.exe is the same whether built in FLAIR or not. It is the executable, which
doesn't include runtime data files. Of course in terms of code development the
developers could have bundled all runtime data into the executable (bad
programming design!) Bundled or not, one file or ten files, if that's the amount
of data required, that's the amount required. The size of the files reflects how
complex the job FLUKA is doing for us. It is due to the complexity of the
problem FLUKA is solving. If xxx kb is all FLUKA needs to run, one should start
wondering!

:) mary