RE: [fluka-discuss]: (RESNUC) and USDRAWþ

From: Anton Lechner <Anton.Lechner_at_cern.ch>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2015 11:54:11 +0000

Dear Jonathan,

If you are interested in the produced residual nuclei, USDRAW is not the right place to look. Instead you should use the USRRNC routine (activated via WHAT(5) of USERWEIG), where you can intercept all residuals as they are scored with RESNUCLEi. Among the arguments passed to USRRNC, you can for example find Z,A, the region number, and the position.

While USRRNC is called when the residual nucleus is scored, USDRAW is called at the level of interactions (e.g. there can be cases, where residual nuclei can appear on the stack and IBRES and ICRES are not filled; there are also other cases, like fission, where products do not appear in IBRES and ICRES, see http://www.fluka.org/web_archive/earchive/new-fluka-discuss/3948.html).

Cheers, Anton