Re: [fluka-discuss]: Recombination of electron and ion pairs in ionizing chamber

From: Jean-Emmanuel Groetz <jegroetz_at_univ-fcomte.fr>
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2015 15:36:48 +0200

Dear Bo Yang,

In addition to Paolo and Alberto responses, the recombination of
electron and ion pairs in IC can be assessed through the ion collection
efficiency with the Boag's two voltage method.
You can find more information in:
      * S. Lang, J. Hrbacek, A. Leong, and S. Klöck, Phys. Med. Biol.
        57, 2819(2012).
      * J. Havercroft and S. Klevenhagen, Phys. Med. Biol. 38, 25
        (1993).
      * J. Burns and D. Burns, Phys. Med. Biol. 38, 1986 (1993).

If you want to know the distribution of electric field lines in your IC,
you need a software based on finite element method to reproduce the
exact geometry and to calculate the electric field.
Correction factors for a small IC have been established using Fluka &
Penelope MC codes and the Comsol FEM software in a recent work (Review
of Scientific Instruments 85, 083304 (2014) or
http://dx.doi.org/10.1063/1.4890817)

Jean-Emmanuel

Jean-Emmanuel Groetz
Laboratoire Chrono-Environnement UMR CNRS 6249
Université de Franche-Comté
16 route de Gray
25030 Besançon Cedex
France