[fluka-discuss]: Low neutrons in Poly, Deuterons and artifact?

From: Georgios Tsiledakis <Georgios.Tsiledakis_at_cern.ch>
Date: Tue, 26 May 2015 16:38:07 +0000

Dear experts,

Please have a look at the attached pict/input.
neutrons of 1MeV hits a polyethylene+a very thin front Al plate (~50nm)
and the detector is a 5mm thick gas (Neon).
I would like to have a look at the Energy Deposition inside the gas.
I observe a high peak around 7.3e-5 GeV that doesnt come from protons or e/g.
If I gave a look at the Edep in the poly I also observe a peak around 0.13 MeV.
As far as I know deuteron is not implemented to be transported like other light
ions (4He etc) or not? Do those peaks come from the deuterons?
If yes, what is the right approach in such case?
Shall I use as a simulated spectra the sum of Edep protons + e/g?
The ~50nm Al plate is it ok to be treated as well? or its too thin for fluka estimations?

I am looking forward to hearing from you

thanks a lot in advance

Best regards

Georgios