RE: [fluka-discuss]: using USRTRACK to get the ambient dose rate

From: Joachim Vollaire <joachim.vollaire_at_cern.ch>
Date: Sun, 31 May 2015 06:12:17 +0000

Dear Alexander,

If you have correctly specified the volume of the region where you score the USRTRACK then the results would be pSv/Bq (decay) for DOSE-EQ or part./cm2/decay when you are scoring PHOTON. When calculating dose, FLUKA is multiplying the track length (cm) of the particle contributing to the fluence by a quantity with dimension pSv.cm2 and the sum of contributions is divided by the volume.

A primary particle in that case should be seen as one decay of Co-60. Look at the AUXSCORE card to select different dose quantities (effective dose, ambient dose equivalent….)
In practice for such applications, it is convenient to use USRBIN rather USRTRACK, you obtain a visualization with a colour map of your dose rate.
Normalization is done for uSv/h by multiplying by your source activity * 3600 / 1e6.
Hoping this help
Cheers
Joachim