Re: [fluka-discuss]: Proton elastic nuclear interactions in water

From: Francesco Cerutti <Francesco.Cerutti_at_cern.ch>
Date: Thu, 4 Jun 2015 00:19:15 +0200

Dear Joakim,

as a preliminary remark, note that switching off delta rays alters the
spatial distribution of dose.

Concerning nuclear elastic interactions, your assumption is correct (no
generation number increase for the projectile reappearing in the final
state: if it was a BEAMPART, it remains BEAMPART).

Coming to your questions:

1) It is possible to realize if an nuclear elastic reaction took place and
then inhibit the dose scoring. Nevertheless, this implies the use of user
routines: mgdraw (in the USDRAW entry, assign a specific integer value to
the user flag LLOUSE of (TRACKR) in case ICODE .EQ. 100) and comscw
(for the relevant JSCRNG value, i.e. the one corresponding to the
dose [energy density] binning you already restricted to BEAMPART -
through AUXSCORE I suppose -, set LSCZER to .TRUE. in case LLOUSE turns
out to have the above value).

2) The higher energy one.

3) Not at all, it applies only to the special case of low energy neutrons.

Hope this helps

Francesco

Francesco Cerutti
CERN-EN/STI