[fluka-discuss]: Re: how to calculate the density of the residual nuclei

From: Santana, Mario <msantana_at_slac.stanford.edu>
Date: Wed, 3 Jun 2015 18:27:01 +0000

Hi Izfneu,

If you associate an irradiation/cooling profile to your RESNUCL card, then the code will compute activity Bq/cm^3. If you don't and you use usrsuw to merge results, then you get nuc/cm^3, which is the production rate of given NUClei per unit volume.

See slide 21 of:
https://indico.cern.ch/event/334606/contribution/39/material/slides/0.pdf

Concerning your question about the relationship between the density of residual nuclei production nuc/cm^3 versus their specific induced activity Bq/cm^3, as you know, in equilibrium they are identical when other decay chains INTO those nuclei are negligible.

Mario