RE: [fluka-discuss]: Scoring ambient dose rate; deviation from MCNP-results

From: Vasilis Vlachoudis <Vasilis.Vlachoudis_at_cern.ch>
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2015 15:36:04 +0000

Hi Alexandre,

looking into your input I didn't see any obvious error.
There is one tiny thing that the 'borsae' RCC is centred around z:11cm while your CYL-VOL
is around z:12cm. But I doubt that this is the problem.
Concerning the EM-CASCADE, I never used it but according to the manual have all the
processes you mentioned on.
Your final normalization A*3600/1e9 it is correct to convert from pSv/Bq to mSv/h

I don't know how MCNP is simulating the cylindrical source nor how it normalizes the results, so I don't have any other idea why you see this difference.

Cheers
Vasilis