[fluka-discuss]: Scoring ambient dose rate; deviation from MCNP-results

From: Alexander Götzelmann (alexander.goetzelmann_at_hs-furtwangen.de) <(alexander.goetzelmann_at_hs-furtwangen.de)>
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2015 17:05:55 +0200 (CEST)

Dear FLUKA-users,

I score the ambient dose rate, outside an container with radioactive waste
(Co-60 with A = 7,5E10). I simulated this model in MCNP without any
energy-cutoffs. The MCNP results should be deemed correct. The FLUKA results are
higher by a factor of approximately 3,5. I have no idea, what the source of
error for this deviation could be.
Even, when I score ambient dose rate inside the source (Vol-Cyl) I get an even
higher deviation.
The results of USRBIN are identical to the results of USRTRACK; thus, there is
no error in setting the scoring-cards.

regarding this problem I have two questions:

1) using EM-CASCA as default, are all effects like photoeffect, comptoneffect
and pair production activated?
2) does FLUKA simulate a volume source differently than MCNP

The image shows the deviation:

the USRTRACK-results (part.: "DOSE-EQ") are in pSv/Bq. To get mSv/h I calculated
the USRTRACK-result * activity of my source *(3600/1E9). This conversion of the
values should be correct!?

My input-file is in the attachement

I would appreciate it if somebody can explain the deviation.

thank you,
Alexander