[fluka-discuss]: Flair preprocessor with Voxel geometry

From: Francesco Collamati <francesco.collamati_at_roma1.infn.it>
Date: Wed, 1 Jul 2015 12:26:59 +0200

Dear experts
I am using voxel geometry to import in FLUKA CT images of a mouse. Due to the high resolution of this image (~0.1mm^3 voxel), the whole CT results to have too many regions to be used in FLUKA, which gives the error **** Blank common exhausted in Pwxsst ****.
For this reason, I Thought to divide the CT in 3 “parts” along the Z axis, obtaining 3 separate voxel files.
Now, I would like to be able to use the usual (and fantastic) preprocessor of flair with its defines and so on to create within the same .flair different runs selecting each time a different voxel file.
The system seems to work (see attachment), in fact I am able to see the different configurations by selecting them in the context menu from the geoviewer.
However, after a certain time, the program itself deletes all my #ifdef, #else and so on, leaving only one VOXEL card.

Is it due to the fact that the VOXEL geometry “doesn’t like” to be submitted to those conditions? Or is it just a bug?

As an alternative I tried to use 3 different .geo files, each one “calling” a different voxel file, but in this case it seems that flair wants an explicit presence of the VOXEL card, “extracting” it from the .geo file..

So, to sum up, is there any “handy” way to use a whole CT scan (I have had the same problem with a “whole body" human CT scan) in flair without having to create manually N different .inp files?

Thank you in advance

Francesco Collamati Ph.D.
University of Rome Sapienza
INFN Rome
Enrico Fermi Building, room 203, tel. +39 06 49913453
francesco.collamati_at_roma1.infn.it