Re: [fluka-discuss]: Understanding USRBDX output files

From: Vittorio Boccone <dr.vittorio.boccone_at_ieee.org>
Date: Tue, 7 Jul 2015 11:58:48 +0200

Dear Ana,
 all point point then to those general indications (
http://www.fluka.org/content/course/NEA/lectures/StatSampl.pdf) which I was
always given

   - Never forget that the variance itself is a stochastic variable subject
   to fluctuations
   - Be careful about the way convergence is achieved: often (particularly
   with biasing) apparently good statistics with few isolated spikes could
   point to a lack of sampling of the most relevant phase-space part
   - Plot 2D and 3D distributions! In those cases the eye is the best tool
   in judging the quality of the result

I guess you have then a lot of bins and you lack statistics, although the
merging tools should handle it. In your particular case those are escaping
protons on the side of the target.

I'll need to check it better, but I would increase the statistic and reduce
the number of bins you have first.

Vittorio